At 23:50 05.02.00 -0500, Andy Smith wrote:
>but fails to recreate the raid device md1????? Any help is appreciated.
>Would a mkraid --force command with a new correctly composed raidtab
>solve my problem? How about the raidreconf patch?

No patches needed, you've got a different problem. (two, actually):

>sdh1's event counter: 0000000d
>sdg1's event counter: 0000000d
>sdf1's event counter: 0000000d
>sde1's event counter: 0000000d
>sdd1's event counter: 0000000d
>sdc1's event counter: 0000000d
>sdb1's event counter: 0000000d
>sda1's event counter: 0000000a
>md: superblock update time inconsistency -- using the most recent one
>freshest: sdh1
>md: kicking non-fresh sda1 from array!
>unbind<sda1,7>
>export_rdev(sda1)

This is (minor) problem one - sda1 has a differnet event counter than the
other devices, so you raid array will come up in degraded mode; you'll have
to raidhotadd this device to get to a normal, redundant state.

>md: device name has changed from sdp1 to sdh1 since last import!
>md: device name has changed from sdo1 to sdg1 since last import!
>md: device name has changed from sdn1 to sdf1 since last import!
>md: device name has changed from sdm1 to sde1 since last import!
>md: device name has changed from sdl1 to sdd1 since last import!
>md: device name has changed from sdk1 to sdc1 since last import!
>md: device name has changed from sdj1 to sdb1 since last import!
>md: md1: raid array is not clean -- starting background reconstruction

So far, so good - all as it should be.

>kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k md-personality-4, errno = 2
>do_md_run() returned -22

That's the 2nd problem and showstopper in your case: you've compiled raid5
as a module and the module isn't on your initrd (redhat 6.x, right?).
You'll have to make a new initrd image taht includes the raid modules(s).
(see mkinitrd command.)

Bye, Martin

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"
 Martin Bene               vox: +43-316-813824
 simon media               fax: +43-316-813824-6
 Andreas-Hofer-Platz 9     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 8010 Graz, Austria
finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key