I have/do run vmware on a raid0 partition (both disk and binaries) without
any problems.  I have used both 2.2.14 and 2.3.40 without problems.

The source for the vmware kernel modules are included, they are not binary
only.  There's a FAQ on the vmware site that tells how to force the vmware
modules to be recompiled for your system instead of the precompiled
versions.  This will be required for 2.2.14

Craig