[ Monday, February 14, 2000 ] Jens Klaas wrote:
> > [ Saturday, February 12, 2000 ] David Cooley wrote:
> >> As the error message points out, you need to type "mkraid --[snip]
> >> /dev/md0"
> >
> > 1) as the error message also points out, that option is NOT to be sent
> >    in email :)  privately? perhaps... a well-archived list? no :)
>
> In the question mail there was a log file attached. There you could see
> that the "forbidden to tell" command was not used.

1) the forbidden-to-tell option was not used in the original log,
   but it was included (as part of the log) in the email to linux-raid,
   something the error message is very specific against (violator #1 :)

2) My response in the above is to David (see the "David Cooley wrote" part?)

The only reason [snip] is there in the above is because I put it there.
(replacing the real option name, obviously, in respecting Ingo's wishes)
I'm correcting David (violator #2 :) for putting that mkraid option in
his mail cc'd to linux-raid.

Oh, and we still don't have mdstat output :)

James