read the readme at the AMI site.
echo "scsi-add-single-device 1 2 3 4" > /proc/scsi/scsi
where 1234 is the host/channel/ID/LUN

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Wood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 1:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: AMI Megaraid Enterprise 1200 (428)

    Hey there guys, got a question for you.  I just received one of
these cards and it is basically a dual channel raid system.  The problem
I am having is that RH6.1 recognizes the first drive and only the first
drive.  Here is the config.

Dual Channel Controller.
Channel 1 Contains 2 - 9.1GB drives mirrored in a Raid1
Channel 2 Contains 4 - 18GB drives striped in a Raid 5

When I setup the drives, I setup the 9.1's as Logical Drive 1 and the
18's as Logical Drive 2

When I run RH6.1, all I get is the 9.1's.  No /dev/sdb and no response
saying that the other drives are there.  Here is the funny part.  I went
in a recofigured the controller so that the 18's were the first drive
and the 9.1's were the second.  When I run RH, the 18's are seen as one
large drive (like they are supposed to be) and the 9.1's dissappear.
What's the deal?

I need to know of some way to make both sets of drives appear.  Any
ideas.

The software see's the card as two hosts, but can't locate both sets of
drives.  Thanks Ahead of time.

Kevin

--
Kevin Wood                              Contact Us about our BTO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                               Alphas