Hello,

first thanks to everyone who helped me in finding the right patch to use
the raidtools with 2.2er kernel. This works now.

Because I want to create a mirror of a disk that has already a lot of
data on it, I'd like to create the mirror without destroying the data on
the original disk. Can this be done? Using the old mdutils this was
possible with  a dd if=sourced of=newdisk and a

mkraid -f --only-superblock /etc/raid1.conf

Is there a similar way for the new raidtools?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Universitaet Koblenz,              http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Rechenzentrum,                     Voice: +49 261 287 - 1312
Rheinau 1, 56075 Koblenz, Germany  Fax:   +49 261 287 - 1001312