From: Chris Mauritz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ExtremeRAID 1100 benchmarks

Has anyone done any benchmarks with the Mylex ExtremeRAID 1100?  I'm
planning on getting one of the 3 channel ones with 64mb cache.  Initially,
it will be delivered on a dual PIII-750mhz machine with NT, but I'd like to
repurpose this as a Linux file server.  It will have an external enclosure
with 8 18gig 10,000rpm IBM Deskstars and one hot spare.  Can anyone hazard a
guess at the kind of performance I can expect from such an array?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Mauritz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]