[ Saturday, March  4, 2000 ] Martin Schulze wrote:
> I wonder why I can't get RAID0 aka striping work with 2.2.13.  It only
> runs with 2.0.36.

old-style raid is no longer supported.  You may wish to read the
s/w raid howto at http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/
specifically, the "requirements section" (1.2)

quick summary: patch kernel, get new raidtools, create raidtab, mkraid

> # mdadd -ar
> /dev/sdc2: No such device
> /dev/sdd2: No such device
> /dev/sde2: No such device
> /dev/md0: No such device
>
> The appropriate SCSI driver is included, /dev/sda1 can be mounted without
> a problem.  As you can see, the MD driver is also included, thus it should
> work.

it still would appear that you have no valid sd[cde]2. perhaps fdisk -l
/dev/sd[cde] output so we can see the partitions on those drives?

also helpful would be your raidtab (mdtab in this case) contents and
/proc/mdstat output

My guess would be either /dev/sd[cde] aren't valid drives (for whatever
reason) or they only have a single partition.  Shot in the dark, of
course, as there's not enough information to make a good assessment.

Good luck!

James