At 12:25 PM 3/27/2000, root wrote:

>hmmmm. Looks like I forgot this step. I have a raid 1 setup under
>RedHat 6.1's stock 2.2.12 kernel with raidtools already installed.
>It works fine, a disk failed last weekend and I was able to recover
>that disk while the array continued to function.
>

>My question is this: Is it too late to run mke2fs on /dev/md0
>now that /dev/md0 contains data?
>Also I dont see fd as an option for fdisk.

If you needed to run mke2fs, you wouldn't be able to access the raid as a
file system right now...  That is the equivalent of a DOS format.
Option FD doesn't show in the list on fdisk... you just have to select type
then enter fd and return.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Packet: N5XMT@KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!