Seems to me that this would only work if you were using it with the Logical
Volume Manager (is that what it's called?).  I think that the RAID devices
are treated as a partition, not as a whole disk, so it wouldn't work that
way.  I don't know enough about LVM to know if that would work either.
        Greg