Hi all,

        I think my situation is the same as this "two failed disks" one but I
haven't been following the thread carefully and I just want to double check.

        I have a mirrored RAID-1 setup between 2 disks with no spare disks.
Inadvertantly the machine got powered down without a proper shutdown
apparently causing the RAID to become unhappy. It would boot to the point
where it needed to mount root and then would fail saying that it couldn't
access /dev/md1 because the two RAID disks were out of sync.
        Anyway, given this situation, how can I rebuild my array? Is all it takes
is doing another mkraid (given the raidtab is identical to the real setup,
etc)? If so, since I'm also booting off of raid, how do I do this for the
boot partition? I can boot up using one of the individual disks (e.g.
/dev/sda1) instead of the raid disk (/dev/md1), but if I do that will I be
able to do a mkraid on an in-use partition? If not, how do I resolve this
(boot from floppy?).
        Finally, is there any way to automate this recovery process. That is, if
the machine is improperly powered down again, can I have it automatically
rebuild itself the next time it comes up?

        Thanks in advance,

--Rainer