Hello,

I'm trying to set up a 2 drive raid level 0 array. I have gotten to the point where I run mkraid /dev/md/0 (Note: I'm using devfs so the device names will look a bit strange) and it successfully intializes the array. I can make a filesystem and mount it just fine but when I reboot the kernel does not automatically detect it. I made all of the relevant partitions type FD and enabled the persistent-superblock. Still no detection. Any hints?

Here is my raidtab (Note again: I'm using devfs):

raiddev /dev/md/0
    raid-level    0
    nr-raid-disks    2
    chunk-size    32
    persistent-superblock    1
    device    /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part5
    raid-disk    0
    device    /dev/ide/host2/bus1/target0/lun0/part5
    raid-disk    1

Other possibly relevant information:

kernel version 2.3.51
the partitions in the array are on two drives on a Promise
    Ultra66 card
when I boot I do see a few lines about md and raid0 but
    when I look at /proc/mdstat the array is not detected

Finally, if I run raidstart then it works again. So, there is nothing wrong with the actual array (I think).

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Avery