Can you make a boot floppy and use that?  That's what I do.  If you
create a normal partion on one of your drives for /boot, then you
really haven't gained much by using a fault-tolerant raid (I realize
you are using raid-0, not 3,5,etc. I'm speaking generally).  I.e., if
the drive fails with the /boot, then you are stuck.  I don't think
I've ever had a floppy drive die or wear out, but I have had floppies
die.  Just make a few boot floppies to cover the case of a broken
floppy, and you should be set.  Remember: a boot floppy is read once
when the machine starts up to put the kernel into RAM, so there isn't
much risk (imho).

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil