Anyone here worked with one of those devices that plug into
the SCSI bus on one side and emulate one disk, and on the other do
hardware raid5 across 4 - 8 UDMA buses?

        I ask because, while not normally somthing I would do, I need
to rig a large storage array in an evil environ.  No way am I mounting
eight > 1K$ each drives in a mobile application, but 5 28G UDMA drives
are < 1K total, and who cares id you kill a few per year.

        Any leads, preferred units, etc?

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.