Hi,

For my internship I have install a root raid system which use the debian
operating system. All the information and readme's I've found are pretty
outdated and while I'm not a totall newbie on configuring and maintanance
of debian systems I'm a bit nervous on taking up this task. It will be a
production machine, so I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

First of all, does someone has a short practical guide on raid-5 and debian
linux?
Any pitfalls to look out for?
And are the different readme's and howto's still up to date? I saw that
most documents are dated 97/98, we are some years and kernels further now...

The patch for the shutdown of a raid system in the root-raid mini howto i
found gave errors
while patching a 2.2.14 kernel. This does not primary mean that the patch
does not work, it could be me :) but
I would love to hear a confirmation that all procedures in the howtos are
still acurate!

Any help and hints appreciated!

Frank