I had the same problem.  My fdisk list types didn't show an fd or 0xfd
selection.

Also, beware of the 2.2.11 kernel.  I installed it and the result was
enormous memory leakage, and I think I read somewhere that this is a known
problem with this particular kernel.

Chris

> > Hi there
> >
> > I've just installed  RAID1 with kernel 2.2.11 and raidtools 0.90. two
> > disks (/dev/sda3 and /dev/sdb2/) are mirrored. Everything is running jsut
> > fine. I read the manual to configure autodetection, but there were just
> > some short comments.
> >
> > 1. I've activated autodetection in the kernel
> > 2. I've used persistent-superblock
> >
> > What is there to do with fdisk (and what's the reason for doing it) ?
> >
> > What is there to put in the /etc/fstab ?
> >
> > If these questions are simply to stupid, where can I find a suitible
> > manual ? (I've just got the Software-RAID.HOWTO.txt)
>
> If that is http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/, then it
> should answer all your questions. It did for me, including how to make
> the root partition RAID. But then again, I'm a simple RAID0 user.  :-)
> FYI: I use kernel version 2.2.14, patched of course as discribed in the
> HOWTO.
>
> Paul.
>

> > thanks a lot
> > bye
> > michael

= Christopher T. Gray                  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       =
= Network Administrator                HTTP:  http://www.planitia.net  =
= PlanitiaNet, Ltd.                    PGP Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED] =
 Support the Theory of Evolution, 400 billion amphibians can't be wrong