Jakob Østergaard wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Mika Kuoppala wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > I think Jakob Østergaard has made raid-reconf utility
> > which you can use to grow raid0 arrays. But i think
> > i didn't support converting from raid0 to raid5. Or
> > perhaps it alraeady does =? :)
>
> It doesn't (yet).  And unfortunately, with examns coming
> up, it's not likely that it will for the next month or
> two.
>
> I haven't abandoned the idea though.  With the new raid in 2.4
> the demand for such a utility will be even greater.

Sorry , I am not very up to date:

do you plan both, an increase of the individual partitions,
and resizing by adding more disks ?

That would be too cool, having for example a 4 disks soft-RAID5 array
and when you run out of space, add one more disk, and let the resize
tool
recalculare all parities etc, in order to take the fifth disk into
account.

Is that possible form a pratical POV ?

Benno.