I have been using Linux 2.2.x and RAID 1 happily.
Because of netfilter, I must move to Linux 2.3.15 or higher.  It seems that
RAID 1 was disabled from 2.3.15 and above.  The only options available are
Raid 0 or Linear.  Even in the kernels where RAID1 is an available option,
2.3.25 for example, it does not work.  You boot the system and it says that
RAID 1 is an invalid RAID type, only RAID 0 and Liner are allowable.

Despite many searches, I have not found any reference to why RAID 1 was
disabled from the kernel in these newer releases.

I need help, any ideas?

Peter Frischknecht
Empowering Solutions, Inc.
http://www.empoweringsolutions.com