Volker Wysk wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've tried Gelnn's tip (thanks!), but still all superblocks seem to be
> corrupted. This seems quite strange to me, since the volume has not
> been formatted.
>
> Is there anyone familiar with the internals of the RAID system, who could
> tell me what actually happens when mkraid is called? *Should* "e2fsck -n
> -b ... /dev/md0" work?
>
> bye.

I think maybe you miss understood me, what i was suggesting was a two
stage process.

1. Workout where your superblocks are.
        To do this run "mke2fs -n /dev/md0", this will nearlly fill your screen
with info, there will be a list of <number>'s where your other
superblocks are.

2. Use one of these other superblocks.
        do "e2fsck -b <number> /dev/md0" to try and check your filesystem with
the the backup superblock you specified.

You shouldnt mix up these two commands and their paramaters.

You can check what the commands and paramaters for mke2fs and e2fsck do
using man ("man mke2fs" or "man e2fsck")

Does raid array start up without errors?

If your raid device isnt setup properly then e.g. if you change the
order of your drives, then this will stuff things up at a level below
the filesystem, e2fsck wont help this.

Glenn