Try RedHat 6.2 or 6.1.  I've installed both onto a computer with dual 2GB
SCSI drives in a RAID1.  I wouldn't use anything else for /boot (assuming
that's where you keep everything boot-related).  I never use a RAM disk for
essential things like SCSI drivers and RAID code, so that's not an issue for
me.  You could even make /boot into a 3disk RAID1, and everything else RAID
5, if you needed the space.
        Greg