Hi Ion,

> I know, but I did it the other way around -- first the raid patch, then
> the 2.2.16 patch. This way, the failing patch is the one in 2.2.16, which
> is irrelevant.
>
> [read the message I was replying to, please]

Sorry, I missed this - you were perfectly right.

For a patch that aplies cleanly against 2.2.16 without hassle, you can get
ftp://ftp.sime.com/pub/linux/raid-2.2.16-mabene from my server.

This is in no way official or guaranteed not to eat your data etc; It does
compile and it's been running for the last 12 hours or so without problems.
Basic testing whith raid1 (failed drive, reconstruction) also work OK.

Bye, Martin

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"
 Martin Bene               vox: +43-316-813824
 simon media               fax: +43-316-813824-6
 Andreas-Hofer-Platz 9     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 8010 Graz, Austria
finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key