Marc Haber wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:34:59 +0200 (CEST), Ingo Molnar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >the latest 2.2 (production) RAID code against 2.2.16-final can be found
> >at:
> >
> >        http://www.redhat.com/~mingo/raid-patches/raid-2.2.16-A0
> >
> >let me know if you have any problems with it.
>
> A kernel patched this way doesn't build with Debian's kernel package.
> Complains "The version number 2.2.16-RAID is not all lowercase. Stop."
>
> Could this be changed to 2.2.16-raid for future versions or should I
> better get in touch with kernel-package's maintainer?

Or just get a real kernel from kernel.org.  None of RedHat's
kernel-o-matics patch cleanly either, so if you ever need ACL support,
ATA66 support, RAID support, simpler access to kernel patches, then
just install the real thing from kernel.org.  Seems a bit uncool
to get the coders to create (unless its purely the case of the patch
filename) multiple or distro specific stuff.
--
Edward Schernau,                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Architect               http://www.schernau.com