Having looked over the boot redundancy thread, I am still under the
impression this is a symptom of a bug. My system worked absolutely fine
until I upgraded to 2.2.16. Now having done so, I am unable to install a
new kernel as running lilo from 2.2.16-RAID results in a lockup at boot
after lilo prints LI. Booting off the redhat CD-ROM with 2.2.14-12smp,
mounting, and running lilo with the chroot option correctly installs lilo
and allows me to boot. I have no such problem running stock 2.2.15 with
the 2.2.15-A0 RAID patch.

Thanks