'lo again all.  I'm having trouble getting 2.2.16 to patch cleanly with the
A0 patch for that version.  Reading the archives, I see some folks pointing
at browsers munging the patch.  I've got a coupla questions in trying to
verify that I have the correct files.

I've got the 2.2.16 from ftp.us.kernel.org, and it's verified against the
PGP sig.  Wondering if pgp provides archive integrity check (a la md5) as
well, or just that it's the original kermel source?  I'm familiar with md5
checksums, just not pgp.  I seem to remember that pgp verification confirms
that the file has not changed from a crypto project I did back in my
undergrad daze, but it's, well, hazy now.  certainly seemed a good deal
faster than an md5sum check?  I know that sounds dumb, but...

Also, is there any way to verify my patch is OK, and/or a way to snag the
patch over an ftp link, rather than my browser?

Finally, I saw some folks referring to a convoluted tango to patch 2.2.16,
but no details on same.  would someone mind pointing me to the right place
or sending the cookbook my way?  Sorry I'm being such a newbie, but I've
never had this much trouble patching a kernel b4.

peas, yo.
jaz