True.  If fact, you don't need floppies (except maybe a boot floppy)
if you don't mind losing a partition. I.e., have a regular partition
for the initial install, form the raid from the other partitions, copy
the files over (cp -a /usr /home ..) to the raid, update the raid's
/etc/fstab, then reboot with the raid as the root partition, and run
lilo.  I've done this a few times with VA Linux boxes.  Pretty easy if
the raid kernel and tools are ready and up to date (as they are under
VA Linux).

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil