I have a system 4 with promise ide controllers as well as the two onboard
controllers with one disk on each channel. I haven't tested performance for
the 2.2.16 kernels, however 2.2.14 had poor write performance if there
was a disk on both the controllers on a single card.

cheers

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> Hi..
>
> does anyone know, if it is possible to run more than two ide controllers in one pc??
>
> I testet my enviroment and got the result that a 2-disk (2 ide-controller) raid
>array is much faster than a 3 disk (2 controller) system.. and now i would like to
>upgrade with another controller..
>
> if it is possible, which one runs best at lowest price?  :-))
>
> thanks..
>
> c.u.
> ..patrick

Franc Carter                            MEMLab, University of Sydney
Ph: 61-2-9351-7819                      Fax: 9351-6461