I'm using software raid and since a few developer kernel versions I have problems with
the multiple device driver;
now I describe the situation with the newest kernel test6 - messages I get from the
kernel:
1) sizeof(mdp_super_t) = 4096    (I don't know wheter this belongs to md)
2) autodecting RAID arrays
   autorun ...
   ... autorun done
Then the /sbin/init.d/-scripts run and the following happens on initializing multiple
devices (using mdadd):
3) /dev/sdc8: No such device
   /dev/sdd8: No such device ...
and I can't use my system. The kernel asks root to run e2fsck manually. There I used
the program strace for mdadd and get the messages
4) ...
   open("/dev/sdc8",O_RDONLY) = 4
   ioctl(4,BLKGETSIZE,0xb77...) = 0
   open("/dev/sdd8",O_RDONLY) = 5
   ioctl(5,BLKGETSIZE,0xb77...) = 0
   open("/dev/md0",O_RDONLY) = 6
   stat("/dev/sdc8",{...}) = 0
   ioctl(6,REGISTER_DEV,0x828) = -1 ENODEV
Under /proc/mdtab I've found
5) Personalities: [linear] [raid0] [raid1]
   read_ahead not set
   unused devices: <none>

I don't know what to do to get the system running.
Lars Callenbach