Arend Dittmer, on 11/11/2009 03:33 AM wrote:
To Bart's earlier question ... we apologize for not being able to come up with a time and date when the initiators lost contact with the target. We have not been able to test with an initiator from a vanilla kernel. We only tested with the initiator that ships with RedHat 5.3. We built the module against a slightly modified RedHat kernel that includes process management patches that allow for a unified process space for our cluster management software Scyld clusterware. Our patches do not affect any storage components.
[r...@head0 ~]# bpsh 1 modinfo ib_srp
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.1.el5.530g0000/kernel/drivers/infiniband/ulp/srp/ib_srp.ko

license:        Dual BSD/GPL
author:         Roland Dreier
srcversion:     23B2629641E1A475BF72F44
depends:        ib_core,scsi_mod,ib_cm,ib_sa
vermagic:       2.6.18-128.1.1.el5.530g0000 SMP mod_unload gcc-4.1
parm:           srp_sg_tablesize:Max number of gather/scatter entries per I/O
(default is 12) (int)
parm:           topspin_workarounds:Enable workarounds for Topspin/Cisco SRP
target bugs if != 0 (in
t)
parm:           mellanox_workarounds:Enable workarounds for Mellanox SRP target
bugs if != 0 (int)

Hmm, "workarounds for Mellanox SRP target", i.e. for SCST SRP target? For what are those workarounds and why don't fix the corresponding problems in the target? From the source code it isn't obvious..

parm:           srp_dev_loss_tmo:Default number of seconds that srp transport
should              in
sulate the lost of a remote port (default is 60 secs (int)
module_sig:
883f35049c0555e56ccec1c0ba19c3112f87b09e2872185017b618b6026be92291a62b5446018e009d1e
3299cd274ad8e31c3d0b03081b112959d4d84

Also ... we ran with only a single thread.

Thanks

Arend