On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:15:32 -0700
Jason Gunthorpe <jguntho...@obsidianresearch.com> wrote:

> > > However, I don't understand the comment "Only set HopLimit if going
> > > through a
> > > router"?
> >
> > This is from '#ifdef ROUTER_EXP' days - as far as I could understand
> > HopLimit should be set to IB_HOPLIMIT_MAX for inter-subnet MADs.
>
> If HopLimit is 0 then no GRH is required, if it is non 0 then the user
> of that path needs to apply a GRH. IIRC there are already a few things
> in the kernel that follow this?

Is that in the spec somewhere?  The follow on would be that if they specify a
DGID in the PathRecord query and the result is subnet local they must still
use a GRH even if the packet is going to stay local?  I think this makes sense
but I wonder if __everyone__ is following that?

Ira

--
Ira Weiny
Math Programmer/Computer Scientist