From: Roland Dreier [mailto:rdre...@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:26 PM
To: Robert Pearson
Cc: 'Jason Gunthorpe'; 'frank zago'; linux-rdma@vger.kernel.org; 'John
Groves'
Subject: Re: [Announce] rxe dev tree available (soft RDMAoE)

 > Yes, but later. For now it is still being actively developed and is
changing
 > a lot. Once it settles down we plan to convert to patches and push up
 > stream.

I think you would probably be better off developing the kernel driver as
a branch in an up-to-date kernel tree, and then worrying about backports
later.  You could get rid of some of the redundant infrastructure like
dump_hex() and crc32 (too bad IB didn't choose the CRC32C polynomial, so
you can't use the crypto API and get Intel CRC32 instruction
acceleration for free).

 - R.