>   Well, without a specific port space, the default for Lustre is to use the
 > TCP port space so you cannot distinguish Lustre traffic from other traffic
 > using
 > that same port space.

I'm still a bit confused.  The problem as I understand it is that Lustre
always uses the same TCP port, so there's no way to apply different QoS
to different types of Lustre traffic.  But if we create a new port space
and don't change the ports that Lustre uses, then there's still no way
to apply different QoS for different Lustre traffic.  So I guess you
need to change the ports used within the new port space -- but then why
can't you just stay in the TCP space but change the ports used?

 - R.