Sean Hefty wrote:
I believe that the IB timeout of 20 is about 4 seconds. If the packet lifetime is 1 second, then each try will take 6 seconds to timeout. For 15 retries, this is close to 100 seconds.
okay, thanks for explaining this.

You should be able to destroy the rdma_cm_id at anytime
I understand that, however, currently the code I am working with (iser) wait to get both flushes on all the posted work requests AND disconnect or address-change event to mark the <rdmacm id, qp> couple as disconnected, clear it up and signal higher level to reconnect. I'll have to look what is the way to go for fast reconnection, maybe connect a new <id, qp> couple before the current one is totally flushed/disconnected. Also, destroying the ID doesn't remove the qpn from the IB CM timewait database, correct? hence if I don't wait long enough and the driver/hw reuses the qpn short enough to hit the IB CM stale connection/etc logic, I will not be able to reconnect, I guess.

Or.