Dear all,

Please, find below a copy of the original message.

"Dear all,

throughout the course of my PhD, I have written a number of user applications based on the OFED verbs. After some time, I realized that many programming tasks are repetitive (particularly the connection management) and started to wrap them.

This eventually led to a slim, shared library called libiwarp which includes all the basic primitives of RDMA-based communication, implemented as wrappers around libibverbs. Throughout various research projects, the library has turned out to be quite useful especially for people who are not familiar with all the details of the OFED verbs (like master students that only have 6 months to complete their projects or people that simply want to play around with iWARP and run a few simple tests).

We have shown, by experiment, that the overhead induced by the wrappers is negligible, yet it simplifies writing RDMA-based applications significantly. Furthermore, as the library does not replace the OFED verbs, it does not impose any restrictions with regard to the original functionality. Whenever there is something missing in the libiwarp, you can always use the interface provided by the OFED verbs.

As I am now in the process of finishing my work, I was wondering whether there is an interest in the OpenFabrics community for such a library which provides a simplified interface for the OFED verbs. If there is, I would be glad to share my source code with you.

Many thanks for your consideration and best regards,
 Philip"

Or Gerlitz wrote:
Philip Frey wrote:
as announced last week (on gene...@lists.openfabrics.org) [...] I would be very interested in your feedback!