Pradeep wrote,

>With IBoE/RoCEE, the traditional SM in IB clusters is not needed. Most of the
>current
>IB tools rely on the SM and PM to get packet and error statistics and so on.
>These
>won't be applicable with IBoE/RoCEE. netstat will have no value since the
>kernel
>has been bypassed. So, how does one monitor traffic in such a cluster?

Some managed Ethernet switches have the ability to log into them and get
information
on packets transmited/received on each port and errors that are detected.
However,
these are typically proprietary. I am not sure about the Mellanox card.

So I guess the answer is that you manage RoCCE and iWarp clusters just like
you would any Ethernet cluster, with existing management tools that are
available
for managing Ethernet.

woody