Hey Sean,

I'm trying NFSRDMA on net-next and the server side fails when registering the rdma transport. I think its due to the INET6 support added to the rdma-cm. I'm still debugging though.

In fs/nfsd/nfsctl.c:__write_ports_addxprt(), it tries to create a new svc transport for PF_INET, and PF_INET6 using the same port and the wildcard address. If the INET6 fails with anything other than -EAFNOSUPPORT, then the entire transport registration fails (ie no RDMA/INET support is added). When I do echo "rdma 20049" > /proc/fs/nfsd/portlist I see the PF_INET transport get created successfully, but the INET6 transport create fails with -EADDRNOTAVAIL. Does the rdma-cm allow concurrent binds to PF_INET, INADDR_ANY, port=X and PF_INET6, IN6ADDR_ANY_INIT, port=X ? Apparently the native stack allows this (which makes sense seeing as how they are different protocol families).

Steve.