On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Roland Dreier <rdre...@cisco.com> wrote:

>  > The SRP initiator works fine without this patch, and this patch slows
>  > down the SRP initiator.
>
> I do agree that there are no missed callbacks without this patch, but I
> don't see how it would slow things down... it seems to me it would avoid
> some CQ event callbacks, especially for HCAs where
> IB_CQ_REPORT_MISSED_EVENTS never returns >0 for missed events.

Processing the flag IB_CQ_REPORT_MISSED_EVENTS causes several IB
drivers to lock and unlock a spinlock. Full-speed SRP I/O can cause
this operation to be invoked more than 100.000 times a second, so the
flag IB_CQ_REPORT_MISSED_EVENTS will have a small but measurable
impact on SRP I/O performance.

Bart.