> +DEFINE_MUTEX(qib_mutex);    /* general driver use */

Rather than having this ill-defined mutex that I think is going to make
it hard to understand the locking and get the lock ordering right, would
it be better to have well-defined locking rules?  AFAICT this mutex is
used in only two places, qib_diag.c and qib_file_op.c.  Are those two
uses protecting the same thing?  Or could we have two static mutexes,
one in each file, that protects what each file needs protected?
--
Roland Dreier <rola...@cisco.com> || For corporate legal information go to: