>verbs? Why verbs?
>
>umad. The only thing that is needed is to subscribe to a GSI
>notification, replicate incoming notifications and route them as
>normal mads over the umad interface to all subscribers..

IMO, someone needs to propose a specific user space API that provides this
capability.  Personally, I don't think MADs provide the desired interface.

I suggested looking at the libibverbs async events, but I didn't take the time
to look at the details of how well that API would fit.  It's used to report
client_reregister events, so using it to report notifications doesn't seem too
out of line.

What's missing is a mechanism to register for the event, which does map better
to umad.  Maybe the kernel user_mad module snoops MADs and reacts accordingly.

Isn't access to the umad interface usually privileged?  If so, is that
acceptable for the anticipated usage?

- Sean