> You would need to modify ib_umem_get() to check for the VM_PFNMAP
> flag and build the struct ib_umem similar to the proposed
> ib_iomem_get(). However, the page reference counting/sharing issue
> would need to be solved. I think there are kernel level callbacks
> for this that could be used.

But in this case the pages are already mmaped into a user process,
there must be some mechanism to ensure they don't get pulled away?!

Though, I guess, what happens if you hot un-plug the PCI-E card that
has a process mmaping its memory?!

What happens if you RDMA READ from PCI-E address space that does not
have any device responding?