On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 22:45 +0400, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
> David Dillow, on 08/09/2010 06:49 PM wrote:
> > I'm not sure it makes sense to enable/disable this at runtime -- we
> > don't do it for NAPI, why do it for block devices? I'm not even sure I'd
> > want to see a config option for it in kbuild -- that was done during the
> > transition to NAPI and it lingered forever for some drivers. I'd rather
> > we got it correct, and not give people yet another knob to figure out.
> >
> > I can certainly see a use case for testing the patch's performance,
> > though.
>
> For the testing it can be done as a local to the corresponding file #ifdef.

Yes, I was suggesting something that would stay local to Bart's tree and
wouldn't be in the upstream submission. Having it accessible from
userspace without a rebuild may be more convenient for him to do initial
performance testing, but it would be better to do the final tests on the
actual code submitted.

Dave