Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
As for the original issue we were discussing here, the conclusion is that with
upstream 2.6.35 bits for the rdma connection to go from hca1 port1 to hca1
port2 (or from hca1 port1 to hca2 port1), the rdma-cm needs a neighbour,
similarly to a ping -I ib0 to ib1 address. A neighbour isn't created unless the
responding NIC (ib1 in my example) has both rp_filter set to 0 and accept_local
set to 1,
does this makes sense?
This description seemed reasonable to me. It is pretty confusing what binding
means in RDMA CM, it is different then sockets, and is some combination of
SO_BINDTODEVICE and bind to address.
I was thinking that one of the things taken care by the patch set to addr.c/cma.c you, David and Sean did last year was to make binding in rdma-cm to be bind to address by-the-book, in what aspect it is different now?

Or.