> > Putting the rsv assignment on the same line as its declaration would
 > > make that line exceed 80 columns and hence would trigger a checkpatch
 > > complaint, so it's better to keep it as it is now.

 > I didn't check it with checkpatch, but vi tells me it is 78 characters.

In any case I think the 80 column thing should be treated as a flexible
guideline, not a strict rule.  If the code looks significantly better
with an 85 or 90 column line than split across two lines, then I think
it's better to keep it on one line.

 - R.
--
Roland Dreier <rola...@cisco.com> || For corporate legal information go to: