On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:22:56PM -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Just curious -- what's up with this change here?  Is this connected to
> IBoE support, or is this an independent fix?

It is required for proper distribution of IBoE multicast packets while
still not hurting the mlx4_en driver's operation.

> Also as far as I can tell this variable sgid is write-only (ie you do
> the ib_get_cached_gid() but then never do anything with the value that
> that returns).  Am I missing something subtle?

It is not required in the context of this patch. It should have been
part of patch 12/12 which adds VLAN support, in which case it is used
to extract the required VLAN ID.
Roland, would you like me to send patches 8-12 again with this fixed?

> Finally this patch would have been easier to review without extraneous
> whitespace noise like

Sorry about that. I pass them through checkpatch but this must have
been hiden within the "line over ..." messages.