On 16/11/10 14:01, Tziporet Koren wrote:
  On 11/15/2010 5:06 PM, Romulo Goncalves wrote:
Hello,

For my PhD project I have been using RDMA over inifiniband.
Until now I have used memory regions, but now I would like to also
define memory windows.

The steps taken are the following ones:
Register a memory region.
Alloc a window
bind the window to the registered memory region.

The memory region registration worked as expected, however, the call
of the function to alloc the memory window did not.
It seems there is not an implementation for the functions to alloc,
bind, and dealloc a memory window.

I looked into verbs.h and I found the reference to the functions in
the context_ops:

struct ibv_context_ops {
          struct ibv_mw * (*alloc_mw)(struct ibv_pd *pd, enum
ibv_mw_type type);
          int                     (*bind_mw)(struct ibv_qp *qp, struct
ibv_mw *mw, struct ibv_mw_bind *mw_bind);
          int                     (*dealloc_mw)(struct ibv_mw *mw);
}

However, I do not see their declaration or implementation anywhere else.
Could be the version of my openfabrics does not support memory windows?

Memory Windows have not been implemented

Tziporet
That's bad news for me.
Is there any plans to implement it in a near future?

Romulo