Albert Chu wrote:
Hey Jim,

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 09:01 -0700, Jim Schutt wrote:
Hi Al,

Torus-2QoS's use of port->priv is unique because it persists
between routing sweeps.  So if another routing engine runs
after torus-2QoS and uses port->priv without having ensured
that it set it itself, there will be trouble.  9ddcf3419ea
was fixing such an issue.

I can find only two calls of osm_switch_recommend_path(),
and both seem to be to do the right thing, so I think
your patch is OK.

Sounds good.  When reading over your comments about the 2Qos patches
that affected this area, I wasn't quite sure how you were dealing with
the p_port->priv, so I was unsure how my patch would affect things.

There's some comments at the top of osm_torus.c,
in the definitions of struct endpoint and struct t_switch,
that describe the rules for how torus-2QoS code can
safely use ->priv.

They may shed some extra light...

-- Jim