On 05/17/2011 02:41 PM, Ido Shamai wrote:
Those are actually the same tests, from an IB point of view.

the difference between them is that ib_write_bw passes the arguments that need to be known to other side ( LID or GID, Qp num, PSN, RKey and the address of the writing buffer) before post_sending,

through TCP connection (using sockets) and the rdma_bw uses the rdma_cm module , which sends those arguments through the IB wire and the SM.

rdma_cm is not updated with all the features ib_write_bw have. I will work on
this test shortly

Ido

In addition, rdma_bw and rdma_lat work over iWARP when used with the --cma option. The ib_* versions do not since they don't have a option to use the rdma_cm, which is required for setting up iWARP connections.

Steve.