Roland Dreier <rol...@kernel.org> wrote:
Jim Schutt <jasc...@sandia.gov> wrote:
>> no good reason to insist that the VL usage is the same for both
>> interswitch links, and switch-CA links. Do I need to change this?

> I don't think changing this is a high priority, since it's a pretty small
> slice of the world, and QoS on the edge links probably is important
> to an even smaller slice, but IMHO it would be better to give QoS to
> HCAs that only support 4 VLs by using a different SL2VL table for links to
> CAs.

Jim,

AFAIK, the way opensm applies an SL-to-VL mapping specification (e.g
dictated by the admin or maybe your routing engine) on a specific link
is by modulation on the number of active VLs for that link - e.g say
the ID mapping was required and there are two VLs for that link, so
we'll have SL-to-VL of 0->0 1->1 2->0 3->1 and so on. So in that
respect, I wasn't sure what's the change here for you.

Or.