Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 10:07 -0700, Alex Netes wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> On 09:53 Tue 05 Jul     , Albert Chu wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > Thanks.  Are you still reviewing the remote_guid_sorting patch (the 2/4
> > patch)?  Or do you feel there is work there that needs to be done?
> >

> I thought we agreed that same goal could be achieved using
> route_port_ordering_file (dimn_ports_file) parameter, which is more general
> than remote_guid_sorting.

The route_port_ordering_file is capable of doing it, however the
complexity of setting it up would be far past the knowledge base for the
average system administrator.  It would be far more difficult than
setting up the 'guid_routing_order' file or 'dimn_ports_file' for DOR.

To me, the generic 'route_port_ordering_file' is an option most useful
for special cases.

We've been using 'remote_guid_sorting' for almost a year now on multiple
clusters.  Without much effort, it gives all the clusters a nice 5-7%
speedup.

Al

--
Albert Chu