On 7/29/2011 6:26 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>>> Not sure what I think of this, is dumping counters on all local HCA
>>> ports really that interesting? Would this be better done by doing
>>> something fancy with nodeGUID so at least all ports on remote HCAs can
>>> be dumped too?
>>
>> The request came in from one of our partners who wanted it for
>> tracking performance stats specifically on the local machine.
>
> Well, I think it would be best to make this work generally which is
> fairly hard, unfortunately.
>  - If the destination is the local HCA then you have to iterate over
>    all local ports with matching node GUIDs by opening devices
>  - If the destination is a remote HCA then you have to query the SA
>    for all nodes with a matching GUID and iterate over them. Ira has
>    been working on some common code for this..
>  - Maybe you want to cross product and try to query the SA attached to
>    all local end ports to try and find all ports. That would actually be
>    very useful for many situations I know of...
>
> Could you make your patch just do #1 and continue to misbehave for
> the other cases?

Well, it sort of already does.  The patch looks bigger than it is
because I had to re-indent in order to put the main functional code
inside of a loop.  For the most part, the loop is unchanged.  Just apply
the patch then look at what we do when all_hcas is non-0 right before
the do { and right before the } while (ibd_ca);  It iterates over all
the hca names that libibumad gives us, and then loops over all the ports
as returned by libibumad's umad_get_ca().

--
Doug Ledford <dledf...@redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at