On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Bob Pearson
<rpear...@systemfabricworks.com> wrote:
> [...]

In that case I propose to change "Linux network stack" into "Linux
network driver" - that's all what the rxe driver uses from the network
stack, and there is more in the Linux network stack than only the
network drivers.

>> +     standard Ethernet adapter to interoperate with a RoCE
>> +     adapter or with another system running the RXE driver.
>> +     Documentation on InfiniBand and RoCE can be downloaded at
>> +     www.infinibandta.org and www.openfabrics.org. (See also
>> +     siw which is a similar software driver for iWARP.)
>>
>> Isn't RoCE an official IBTA standard ? If so, seems like a good idea
>> to me to mention that here.
>
> I'll do that for v3.

Thanks. Maybe it's a good idea to mention also that while RoCE
benefits from a lossless converged Ethernet network, that the protocol
also works over a regular (not lossless) Ethernet network.

Bart.