On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:43 PM,  <rpear...@systemfabricworks.com> wrote:
> +/*
> + * this should be defined in .../include/linux/if_ether.h
> + */
> +#define ETH_P_RXE                    (0x8915)
> +
> +/*
> + * this should be defined in .../include/linux/netfilter.h
> + * to a specific value
> + */
> +#define NFPROTO_RXE                  (0)
> +
> +/*
> + * these should be defined in .../include/linux/netfilter_rxe.h
> + */
> +#define NF_RXE_IN                    (0)
> +#define NF_RXE_OUT                   (1)

Please update the cited header files instead of adding these symbols here.

> +/* Should probably move to something other than an array...these can be big
> */
> +#define RXE_MAX_IF_INDEX     (384)

Has it been considered to change net_info[] from an array into a
linked list ? As far as I can see none of the net_info[] accesses are
in the fast path and the number of entries used in the (sparse)
net_info[] array is small. Such a change would allow to eliminate the
RXE_MAX_IF_INDEX artificial limit.

> +struct rxe_net_info {
> +     struct rxe_dev          *rxe;
> +     u8                      port;
> +     struct net_device       *ndev;
> +     int                     status;
> +};

Is there a reason why status and port are in struct rxe_net_info
instead of struct rxe_dev ? Moving these two fields would allow
several code simplifications IMHO.

Bart.